Riding Around the Giara of Gesturi


One of the most popular tours of Shepherds on Bikes, to the discovery of the famous Giara di Gesturi and Giara di Siddi uphills, the famous Sardinian horses, the most important nuraghe of Sardinia, the oldest nuraghe, thundering waterfalls, and much more.

If you want to enjoy the tour with us, take a look at our event calendar or contact us by e-mail or via WhatsApp at +393450699255

You can visit

  • The most important Nuraghe of Sardinia (Barumini)
  • The oldest Nuraghe of Sardinia (Gesturi)
  • The park of the ancient trees in Sini, and its centuries-old olive tree
  • The “Su Strumpuwaterfalls in Sini and the “Is Arinuswaterfalls in Nurallao
  • The “Sa Corona Arrubia” temple, having a diameter of 11 meters
  • The Santu Antine Nuraghe in Genoni and the 40-meters deep well, one of the most largest dug wells in Sardinia
  • The Roman road “Bia de Carros”, the longest pavement-made Roman road in Sardinia
  • A garden featuring more than 350 species, including endemic species of Sardinia
  • The dense vegetation of the Cracchera Park in Sini, from which to enjoy a breathtaking view
  • The Scala Seremida, in Sini, rugged path that for centuries has represented the only way to access to the Giara uphill.

You can taste

  • The typical bread of Marmilla subregion: Civraxiu, Moddizzosu, Coccoi
  • The typical Sardinian pasta: Malloreddus with sausage gravy
  • Sa fregua cun sizzigorrus (spawning of snails)
  • Is marracois fibaus (handmade noodles)
  • Is tallutzas (orecchiette pasta obtained from mixing residual Coccoi bread)
  • The Tallarinus of Nuragus
  • Is crogoritas (a typical local pasta having a crest-shape)
  • Is caombas (doves of pasta, prepared for a soup during Easter)
  • Various soups strengthened with bacon and ham bone
  • The beans with lard
  • Is cruguxionis de mendua, typical almond sweet
  • IGT wines from Marmilla subregion

Map


Weather

May 25, 2019 - Sat
Gesturi, Italia
light rain
17°C light rain
Wind 3 m/s, SE
Humidity 88%
Pressure 759.06 mmHg
Day Cond. Temp. Wind Humidity PressurePres.
sat may 25
moderate rain
17/13°C 2 m/s, ESE 50% 759.03 mmHg
sun may 26
heavy intensity rain
14/12°C 3 m/s, NNE 90% 757.51 mmHg
mon may 27
heavy intensity rain
16/13°C 2 m/s, NNW 83% 754.58 mmHg
tue may 28
light rain
18/10°C 7 m/s, WNW 66% 758.07 mmHg
wed may 29
broken clouds
17/9°C 7 m/s, W 55% 761.32 mmHg

Elevation Profile

The path has a vertical drop of 576 m. 54% of the route is uphill, the remaining 46% downhill.

Riding around the Giara of Gesturi

Distanza (Km)
Altitudine (m)
Tempo (h)

5 out of 5

EBBE’ECCO!

Giuseppe

Do you want to join us?

Book now!