The Forests of the Ogliastra subregion: Montarbu and Bingionniga

A tour along the forests of Ogliastra, among caves, waterfalls, natural monuments, charming and unique archaeological sites, other than food and wine peculiarities that are second to none.

If you want to enjoy the tour with us, take a look at our event calendar or contact us by e-mail or via WhatsApp at +393450699255

You can visit

  • The Su Mulinu nuraghe in Villanovafranca, where an altar made of stone carved with vertical patterns was found. The altar also shows the image of the moon goddess
  • The nuragic sanctuary of Santa Vittoria in Serri
  • The spanish prison in Seui
  • The Middai and Is Càcaus waterfalls in Montarbu
  • The Gutturu Orrosu gorge and the Serbissi nuraghe in Gairo Taquisara
  • The rare mountain milk within the Gairo Taquisara cave
  • The natural monument in Osini
  • The enormous Sa Brecca ‘e Usala fracture of rocks, almost 100 meters deep, in Osini
  • The Lequarci waterfalls, the most impressive of the island, near Perdasdefogu
  • The Su Marmuri caves, where we can admire underground lakes
  • The humid caves complex in Perdasdefogu, where there also is a flowing stream that becomes a waterfall
  • The Italian Stonehenge, at the archaeological site of Pranu Muttedu
  • The vast park of San Basilio, where there also is an interesting Roman bath complex

You can taste

  • The many types of bread of Ulassai: su pane pintau, su pane ‘e gida
  • The typical cheeses of Ulassaisu cagliu, su casu agedu, su fiscidusu casu ‘e merca
  • The culurgiones ‘a ispighitta, typical pasta of Ogliastra subregion
  • The meat of pig (pessa ‘e coppiu), cooked by exploiting the archaic tecnique called su furria furria
  • The s’imbestussu and abbardente cun meli brandys, typical of Ulassai
  • The acorn breafrom the region of Ulassai
  • The casu cun s’axridda, cheese with clay, typical of Escalaplano

Map


Weather

Sep 25, 2020 - Fri
Osini, Italia
scattered clouds
24°C scattered clouds
Wind 8 m/s, SW
Humidity 73%
Pressure 753.81 mmHg
Day Cond. Temp. Wind Humidity PressurePres.
fri sep 25
light rain
22/12°C 14 m/s, W 54% 754.56 mmHg
sat sep 26
light rain
15/12°C 15 m/s, WNW 41% 754.56 mmHg
sun sep 27
heavy intensity rain
12/10°C 9 m/s, W 67% 752.31 mmHg
mon sep 28
light rain
17/13°C 7 m/s, W 61% 759.06 mmHg
tue sep 29
sky is clear
21/14°C 4 m/s, W 58% 763.57 mmHg

Elevation Profile

The path has a vertical drop of 974 m. 51% of the route is uphill, the remaining 49% downhill.

Riding around the Giara of Gesturi

Distanza (Km)
Altitudine (m)
Tempo (h)

5 out of 5

EBBE’ECCO!

Giuseppe

Do you want to join us?

Book now!