The Crossing of Gennargentu Mountain #1: Desulo – Villagrande Strisaili


Where to sleep

Hotel Edera

An adventurous journey in which we will cross the entire Gennargentu mountain, moving to Ogliastra to Barbagia subregions, through more than 60 km of mountain dirt roads! If you want to enjoy the tour with us, take a look at our event calendar or contact us by e-mail or via WhatsApp at +393450699255

You can visit

  • The nuragic village of Orruinas, at the foot of Gennargentu, and placed in an altitude of 1200 meters
  • The large S’Arcu ‘e is Forros nuragic complex, probably the largest metallurgical center of nuragic Sardinia, in Villagrande Strisaili
  • The big Sothai waterfall, consisting of two jumps, in Villagrande Strisaili
  • The big Bau Vigo canyon, in Villagrande Strisaili
  • The Su Mulinu archaeological complex, in Villanovafranca
  • The oldest tomb of the giants in Sardinia (Su Cuaddu ‘e Nixias), in Lunamatrona

You can taste

  • The Gathulis, friied donuts with potatoes and salty cheese
  • Sa Thipula (pancake)
  • Is marracones de patata e de ungra, whose name comes from the fact that they are made using the nails
  • The culurgiones, ravioli stuffed with potatoes, cheese, basil and olive oil

Map


Weather

Sep 25, 2020 - Fri
Villagrande Strisaili, Italia
scattered clouds
24°C scattered clouds
Wind 8 m/s, SW
Humidity 73%
Pressure 753.81 mmHg
Day Cond. Temp. Wind Humidity PressurePres.
fri sep 25
scattered clouds
21/11°C 14 m/s, W 57% 753.81 mmHg
sat sep 26
light rain
14/10°C 16 m/s, WNW 44% 754.56 mmHg
sun sep 27
heavy intensity rain
12/9°C 8 m/s, W 64% 751.56 mmHg
mon sep 28
light rain
16/13°C 6 m/s, W 60% 759.06 mmHg
tue sep 29
few clouds
20/14°C 3 m/s, W 57% 763.57 mmHg

Elevation Profile

The path has a vertical drop of 1102 m. 52% of the route is uphill, the remaining 48% downhill.

L’attraversamento del Gennargentu 1: dalla barbagia all’ogliastra

Distanza (Km)
Altitudine (m)
Durata (h)

Either the reviews are pending or there are no reviews at all!

Do you want to join us?

Book now!