The route is divided along the five major lakes of Barbagia: Lake Gusana (Gavoi) Lake Govossai (Fonni), Lake Olai (Orgosolo), Lake Cedrino (Dorgali), and finally the Lake Cucchinadorza (Ollolai).
You can visit
- The abandoned village at Taloro’s hydroelectric power station
- The military town of Pratobello, where the state surrendered to the revolt of Orgosolo.
- The old mill in Tiana and the only existing fulling mill in Sardinia, which is also one of the last remaining in Europe
- The primary forest of Taxus baccata, which also is the largest in Europe
- The Nuraghe Mereu, built with white limestone blocks
- The spiers of Santu Juanne mount, high up to 70 meters
You can taste
- The typical dishes of Barbagia, together with the shepherds, the goats and domesticated wild boars at the Ecoparco Neule’, located on Cedrino Lake
The path has a vertical drop of 951 m. 52% of the route is uphill, the remaining 48% downhill.
Laghi della Sardegna: Barbagia