The Roads of Geology


Where to sleep

Hotel Edera

A long and well-organized tour for the motorcycle tourist who loves the geological wonders: Sardinia boasts a great number, and in the presented itinerary we will visit the most important, achieved by choosing the most scenic and suggestive roads.

If you want to enjoy the tour with us, take a look at our event calendar or contact us by e-mail or via WhatsApp at +393450699255

You can visit

  • The Domo Andesitico of Acquafredda, on top of which is the homonymous castle, in Siliqua
  • The columns and caves of the Mezzaluna in Carloforte
  • The Pan di Zucchero rock and the galleries of Porto Flavia
  • The Basalt Columns and the basaltic prisms in the form of organ pipes in Guspini
  • The Giara of Gesturi
  • The natural monument “Su Corongiu de Fanari”, the largest in the world, in Masullas
  • The petrified forest of Zuri-Soddì, dating back to 25 million years ago
  • The Texile di Aritzo natural monument
  • The narrow gorge of the Scala di San Giorgio in Osini
  • The Caves Su Marmuri in Ulassai, dug by the passage of water
  • The Red Rocks of Arbatax
  • The natural monument “Su Sterru” on the Altopiano del Golgo of Baunei, the deepest natural single-spout sinkhole in Europe
  • La Dolina of Su Suercone, the largest in Europe and the Village of Tiscali in Urzulei
  • The limestone caves of the Bue Marino in Cala Gonone
  • The pumice stone quarry in Ittireddu
  • The Cheremule Volcano, from which the “Cheremulite” stone was extracted
  • The island of Foraddada in Capo Caccia
  • The Caves of Neptune and the Escala del Cabirol in Alghero
  • The Elephant Rock in Castelsardo
  • The granit of Capo Testa

You can taste

  • The Fresh or roasted Casizolu cheese
  • The Carasau bread
  • Su pistoccu
  • The civraxiu bread
  • The cocoi bread
  • The moddizosu
  • Su tzichi of Bonorva
  • The esplanade of Ozieri
  • The malloreddus alla campidanese
  • The lorighittas of Morgongiori
  • The macarrones de busa
  • The macarrones de punzu or gallurese chiusoni
  • The Sardinian fregola
  • The panada of Assemini and Oschiri
  • The frattau bread
  • Su filindeu, from Nuoro
  • Su Succu of Busachi
  • Su proceddu, Sardinian piglet
  • The roast lamb and the wild boar
  • The cordula and the tratalia
  • The boiled sheep
  • La seada e le casadinas
  • Le Pàrdule, l’Aranzada e is Papassinus
  • I Guefus, le Copuletas, i Pistocus
  • Gli amaretti
  • L’abbamele
  • Su pane ‘e saba
  • Il torrone di Tonara
  • Il Gatò de mendula
  • I Mustazzous
  • I Pistoccheddus
  • I formaggi sardi
  • I vini sardi
  • The seada and the casadinas
  • The Pàrdule, the Aranzada and the Papassinus
  • The Guefus, the Copuletas, the Pistocus
  • The Macaroons
  • The abbamele
  • The Pani ‘e Saba
  • The nougat of Tonara
  • The Gato de mendula
  • The Mustazzous
  • The Pistoccheddus
  • The Sardinian cheeses
  • The Sardinian wines

Map


Weather

Jan 21, 2020 - Tue
Masullas, Italia
scattered clouds
15°C scattered clouds
Wind 14 m/s, ESE
Humidity 77%
Pressure 770.32 mmHg
Day Cond. Temp. Wind Humidity PressurePres.
tue jan 21
light rain
15/13°C 10 m/s, ESE 80% 771.07 mmHg
wed jan 22
scattered clouds
15/11°C 9 m/s, SE 70% 771.07 mmHg
thu jan 23
broken clouds
14/12°C 7 m/s, ESE 73% 768.07 mmHg
fri jan 24
light rain
17/8°C 3 m/s, SSW 63% 765.82 mmHg
sat jan 25
overcast clouds
16/8°C 1 m/s, WNW 46% 766.57 mmHg

Elevation Profile

The path has a vertical drop of 1207 m. 53% of the route is uphill, the remaining 47% downhill.

The Roads of Geology

Distanza - Distance (Km)
Altitudine - Altitude (m)
Durata - Duration (m)

Either the reviews are pending or there are no reviews at all!

Do you want to join us?

Book now!